Better Homes & Gardens
30-Minute Brown Rice Pilaf
Instant brown rice makes quick work out of preparing this pilaf with carrot and mushrooms.
- 1 cup water,
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules,
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms,
- ¾ cup instant brown rice,
- ½ cup shredded carrot,
- ¾ teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed,
- ¹⁄₁₆ teaspoon ground black pepper,
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions,
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley,
- Lemon wedges,
In a medium saucepan, stir together water and bouillon granules. Bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms, uncooked rice, carrot, marjoram and black pepper. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the green onions and parsley; toss gently with a fork. Squeeze lemon wedges over to serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.