Sweet and Spicy Mini Meatballs
The flavorful meatballs are tender and juicy, accentuated with the orange flavor in sweet and spicy glaze.
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Belgian-style wheat ale, such as Blue Moon® Belgian White Belgian-Style Wheat Ale, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coriander, Ground, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Black Pepper, Coarse Ground, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Red Pepper, Crushed
For the Mini Meatballs, preheat oven to 350°F. Beat egg, 1/2 cup of the beer and garlic in large bowl until just blended. Stir in bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon each of the black pepper and coriander. Add ground beef; mix well.
Shape into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange meatballs in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain well.
Meanwhile, for the Sweet and Spicy Sauce, mix tomato sauce, orange marmalade, red pepper, remaining beer, 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs to sauce; simmer another 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.