Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage topped with Greek Olive Salad
Enjoy all the Mediterranean flavors you love in our Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage topped with Greek salad! Make this barbecue favorite in as little as 20 minutes. You can also cut the sausage up and serve over the Greek salad if you’re skipping the carbs.
Sausage topped with Greek Olive Salad
- 2 Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage
- 0.5 cup cucumber thinly sliced into half rings
- 6 slices of red onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 Kalamanta Olives (pitted and halved)
- 4 Pepperoncini cut into thin rings
- 2 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pinch Oregano Dried and “rubbed”
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 2 tbl Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 Seeded Hot Buns
Lemon Chili Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Fresh Minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 0.5 tbl Crushed Red Chile Flakes
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt Red Diamond
- 1 pinch Black Pepper Fresh Ground
Prepare the lemon chili mayonnaise by combining mayo, fresh minced garlic, lemon juice, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
Butterfly and grill the sausages for 4-5 minutes per side or until heated through.
Split the buns lengthwise, and toast exterior surface on the grill or in the oven.
For assembly, dress the salad with vinaigrette.
Split the toasted buns and spread the garlic mayonnaise on both sides of the roll.
Add the baby spinach and grilled sausage.
Top with Greek salad and garnish with feta.
* Reserve salad for immediate use or hold chilled up to 72 hours.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.