Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage topped with Greek Olive Salad
This Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage Topped with Greek Salad recipe has all of the Mediterranean flavors you love! Make this BBQ favorite in as little as 20 minutes.
Sausage topped with Greek Olive Salad
- 2 Open Nature® Spinach Feta Sausage
- 0.5 cup cucumber thinly sliced into half rings
- 6 slices of red onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 Kalamanta Olives (pitted and halved)
- 4 Pepperoncini cut into thin rings
- 2 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pinch Oregano Dried and “rubbed”
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 2 tbl Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 Seeded Hot Buns
Lemon Chili Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Fresh Minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 0.5 tbl Crushed Red Chile Flakes
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt Red Diamond
- 1 pinch Black Pepper Fresh Ground
Prepare the salad ingredients and garlic mayonnaise as specified.
Butterfly and grill the Sausages for 4-5 minutes per side or until heated through.
Split the buns lengthwise, and toast exterior surface on the grill or in the oven.
For assembly, dress the salad with vinaigrette.
Split the toasted buns and spread the garlic mayonnaise on both sides of the roll.
Add the baby spinach and grilled sausage.
Top with greek salad and garnish with Feta Cheese
Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl and whisk to blend flavors.
Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Reserve for immediate use or hold chilled up to 72 hours.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.