Cheese Ball Lollipops
These fun lollipop appetizers can be made ahead of time. If you want to avoid nuts due to an allergy, just roll the cheese balls in crushed pretzels instead.
- 1/2 cup Lucerne® Neufchatel Cheese or light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded extra sharp cheese (packed)
- 1/4 tsp slightly heaping O Organics® garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp slightly heaping smoked paprika (regular paprika can be substituted)
- dash salt
- dash freshly-ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbs finely chopped O Organics® fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped walnuts (pecans or other finely chopped nuts can be substituted))
- 1 Tbs finely-chopped fresh herb of choice— parsley works well or another Tbs chives (optional)
- 12 O Organics® pretzel sticks
Add Neufchatel cheese, cheddar, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the chives in mini food processor (an electric mixer can also be used). Pulse to blend well. Scrape container with a small spatula and pulse again to make sure everything is blended well.
Add chopped walnuts to a ramekin or similar sized dish. Stir in a tablespoon of finely chopped herb of choice if desired.
Form the cheese mixture into 12 small balls (about a tablespoon each) and roll into the chopped walnuts to cover the mini cheese balls well. Store in a covered dish until ready to serve. Just before serving, insert a pretzel stick in each ball and place on your serving dish.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.