Black Bean & Lime Cabbage Cups
Eating a low-carb diet doesn’t mean you have to live without tacos! We’ve got a unique twist on the standard taco and you can customize them to suit your family’s taste. They’re also easy to make vegan or vegetarian. Our secret: diced mango to add a touch of sweetness.
- 1 cup O Organics® grass-fed ground beef (cooked and seasoned)
- 1/2 cup O Organics® mild salsa
- 1 cup O Organics® black canned beans
- 1/4 red cabbage (peeled into 6 small cups)
- 1/3 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- juice and zest of 1 lime
In a saucepan, add ground beef, salsa, and beans. Cook on medium just until warmed, about 5 minutes.
Scoop 1/6 of beef mixture into each cabbage cup. Divide diced mango and sliced green onion among the cabbage cups, sprinkling it on top. Add lime zest and a squeeze of fresh lime to each.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.