Fingerling Potatoes with Chive Vinaigrette
A tangy vinaigrette lends a surprising twist to a typical roasted potato side dish, evoking the flavors of potato salad without the extra calories or fat.
- 1¾ pounds fingerling potatoes,
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, , divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, , divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper plus 1/8 teaspoon, , divided
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar,
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard,
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives,
Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, if necessary, cut in half crosswise into 3-inch pieces. Toss potatoes in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet, roast for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, white-wine vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir in chives. Toss hot potatoes in vinaigrette and serve warm.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.