Better Homes & Gardens
Herbed Chicken, Orzo and Zucchini
This one-dish recipe features a delicious blend of chicken breast, orzo and zucchini. Ready in 20 minutes, this is a perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 cup dried orzo,
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 pounds),
- 1 teaspoon dried basil,
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper, divided,
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided,
- 2 medium zucchini and/or summer squash, sliced,
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar,
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill, plus more for garnish,
- Lemon wedges (optional),
Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm.
Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with basil; season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink (170°F), about 12 minutes, turning once. Remove from the pan. Add zucchini (and/or squash) to the pan; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, the remaining olive oil and 1 tablespoon dill. Add orzo; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken with the orzo mixture, zucchini (and/or squash) and, if desired, lemon wedges and dill.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.