Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
This yummy, non-dairy overnight oat recipe was inspired by the idea of cinnamon rolls with a touch of chocolate. For a quick alternative to the chocolate swirl mixture below, just use chocolate syrup if desired.
- 1 cup O Organics® old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 4 teaspoons O Organics® maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Silk vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup almond cream cheese substitute (or similar)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- toasted pecans
Add 1/2 cup of oats and 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia seeds to one serving cup or jar, then repeat with remaining oats and flaxseed or chia in a second serving cup.
In a 2-cup measure (or similar), blend maple syrup and cinnamon together, then pour in the SILK vanilla soy milk and stir to blend.
Pour half of the mixture into each of the cups with the oats. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
If desired, in a small dish, blend almond cream cheese substitute with cocoa, vanilla and powdered sugar together with a small spoon. If using later, cover and store in the refrigerator until needed.
When ready to enjoy the overnight oats, spoon the chocolate swirl mixture into a piping tool and add a swirl to the top of each of the cups/ jars. Garnish with toasted pecans or semi-sweet chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy!
Step 6 :: Helpful Hints
Chocolate syrup can be used instead of the optional chocolate swirl, if desired.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.